EDELRID Talon Tree & Pole Climbers
We kindly request you to stop using the TALON climbers and follow the outlined return procedure for successful replacement.
Because TALON climbers might be affected by one of the issues mentioned below, EDELRID will provide a free rework of your product.
In July 2017, EDELRID launched a completely new concept for tree climbing gaffs together with an internationally renowned tree care dealer. This new generation of tree climbing gaffs replaced the leather-steel tree and pole climber which were common to use among arborists and which in many cases were bulky and above all heavy at the same time. Thanks to its plastic cuff, the EDELRID TALON is one of the lightest tree climbing climbers on the market. Its new ergonomic design follows the shape of the leg and ensures maximum stability and comfort when climbing.
VELCROS: As a few TALON models had defects in the quality of the velcro on the fixing of the padding and the binding, we offer all our customers to exchange the velcro straps just as a precaution. A defective velcro does not indicate a serious risk for the user.
DAMAGED PLASTIC SHELL: In four cases worldwide, damages to the plastic cuff of the TALON tree climbers occurred. As the reason for the damages has not been definitely identified yet, we ask all TALON owners to return them to EDELRID for cuff replacement.
In order to answer any possible questions please review the enclosed FAQ info sheet and the Talon fieldtest. In addition all customers can reach EDELRID directly through the TALON Service Facebook Group or by email.
Just send a message to: email@example.com. Therefore, please do not forget to use „TALON Exchange" in the subject line of your email. In addition you can also call us during the usual business hours at +1 844 594 0201 ext. 404.
We are very sorry for the inconveniences and deeply apologize for the circumstances.
However, we kindly request you to take part in the replacement program.
Thank you very much for your support and understanding.
Your EDELRID team
Voluntary replacement program
Return delivery process
In order to take part in the replacement program of the EDELRID TALON tree and pole climbers, we kindly request you to follow the step by step instructions described below:
1. With this info letter, you will not only receive FAQs and product information, but you will also get a return form. Please fill in this form completely indicating your address data.
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using „TALON Replacement" in your subject line. Please do not forget to include the return form.
3. EDELRID will send you a UPS return label. The return shipment will be free of charge for you.
4. After receiving the return label, please attach it to the parcel to return your TALON tree climbers to EDELRID. IMPORTANT: Please do not forget to attach your return form.
5. Upon service completion of the velcros and the plastic cuffs, EDELRID will return the replacement climbers back to customers. Replacement cuffs will arrive to EDELRID North America mid to end April. The coordination of the replacement service will take 5 working days.